• Pilot and manipulate the ROV to execute assigned tasks;
• Assist in the launch and recovery of the ROV system;
• Implement dive in accordance with recognized operating procedures in order to carry out designated work safely and efficiently;
• Carry out navigation, observe duties and operation of manipulators and ancillary equipment fitted to the ROV;
• Prior to any dive, all pre-dive checks have to be completed;
• Check with the ROV submersible engineer on the status of the vehicle trim, additional equipment requirements, or any limitations to the system;
• Carry out satisfactory dive in accordance with the stated work scope and operational procedures;
• Understand the sub-surface environment that the ROV operates in and any contingency procedures in place for the ROV.
Key Attributes and Skills:
• Proven experience in the use of ROV to carry out either electrical, electronic, mechanical or hydraulic repairs/installations;
• Relevant certification in ROV operations is a must;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to interpret complex data and technical drawings;
• Excellent attention to details;
• Ability to work effectively either alone or in a team;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Be able to work well under pressure.
5 JOB HUNTING MYTHS YOU SHOULD STOP BELIEVING
The labor market changes all the time, the practice today might not be relevant in the next couple of years. Read this..........read more.
NIGERIA RECORDS DECLINE IN RIG COUNT FOR JUNE
Nigeria’s rig count for the month of June showed a slight decline of minus one, having recorded 32 as against 33 recorded in May, at a time the 14-member Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), showed a decline of minus 13........read more.